Sunday, September 26, 2010

My real name is Nik

Well, I think its time I revealed my self here! I am Nik  and I was born womym (woman) but always felt I was a boi (boy). I consider myself a Feminist who has struggled in the Lesbian community for acceptance regarding my "Gender Issues". I'm coming up to my 50th birthday and some would say that I am "old school," Lesbian Feminist. I don't mind that! Some, who are very close to me, have said that I'm a smoothie from way back, that makes me feel real good...LOL. The friends I have are important and precious to me.
I have learnt that being as honest as possible in all relationships, in particular close/interment relationships is a good thing, but honesty can also back fire as the truth can hurt. That's the price you pay for honesty.
I'm in a relationship with a womyn, and she great! She is a person who is very supportive, understanding and accepting...you need that if you what to be in a relationship with me...I'm not easy to live with, but that's another story to tell some other time.
I have a beautiful, talented writer, 21 year old daughter that I am a co-parent to, who I love dearly. Infact, as a Lesbian I have had a number of relationships with Lesbians who have children, so I have many children and a couple of grandchildren (not that I have contact with them all, but they are part of me and my life, which in turn make me who I am.
Speaking about family! I am not close to my own blood family, though I have tyred, they don't seem to try to stay in contact with me. It's been like that all my life (mmm another story there). I seem to collect families. As a Lesbian you get close to your partners children, their family/s and close friends, so in turn I collect families. One of my ex'es said this to me recently...It's interesting!
That's it for now...
Go in Peace
Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment